One of my favorite team building games is the “Terrorist Toxic Explosive Situation.” This is a easy to perform exercise for both adults or teenagers. The goal is to decontaminate a can of “toxic” popcorn that has been secretly placed in the room by terrorists. Your team has to quickly come up with a plan of action, assemble tools and equipment, transfer the material into a “safe” container before the “toxic” substance explodes. A great game to identify the “planners,” “doers,” and “thinkers,” in your group. It also demonstrates the importance of having a good plan. Comes with a debriefing questionnaire to help people understand what went right and what went wrong. A million laughs!
Over 64 Icebreakers and Team Building Activities
- Make your classes and meetings fun!
- Make your meetings productive, motivating and exciting!
- Improve communication
- Foster creativity and innovation
- Help resolve conflicts between people
- Build strong team building skills
- Enhance cohesiveness
- Recognize everyone’s unique talent and abilities
- Sharpen problem-solving skills
- Save Yourself Time!
This Ice Breaker Book Is a Great Resource For:
- Business meetings
- Corporate team building
- Leadership training
- Church groups
- Team building exercises for teens
- Sorority get-togethers
- Team training
- Creative problem solving
- Planning sessions
- DISC team building exercises
ICE BREAKERS TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section 1 – Quick and Easy Team Icebreakers
Twenty-seven different team building activities to help you keep team meetings and your retreats energized. There are also several activities perfect for DISC training exercises including:
- A Great Day for Hats!
- Letters and Names
- This is Ridiculous!
- The Napkin Game
- Name that Person Ball Toss
- This Is Me!
- Introduce the Person Next To You
- Want Ads
- Toilet Paper Tango
- Truths or Consequences
- Secret Agent
- Role the Die
- Empty Chair
- Playing Card Introductions
- Personal Emblems
- Team Crests
Section 2 – Creative Brainstorming Exercises
- Dollar Exchange Idea
- A Bag Full of Money
- Story Boards
- The World’s Best Place to Work
- The Car
Section 3 – Communication Icebreakers
- The Paper Communication Exercise
- Can You Follow Directions?
- Balloon Game
Section 4. Problem Solving Activities
- Reverse Brainstorming
- Gordon/Little Group Technique
- Consensus Mapping
- Nominal Group Technique
- Osborn’s Brainstorming
Section 5 – Team Building Icebreakers
Several stimulating exercises designed to get groups of people working together. Each exercise lasts 15-45 minutes.
- Crash in Piranha Valley
- Golf Ball in the Bag
- Space Mission to the Moon
- Torpedo Weapons Loading Exercise
- Scavenger Hunt
- Terrorist Toxic Explosive Situation – A fun and suspenseful situation where your team has 30 minutes to “decontaminate” a container of “explosive” popcorn. They can only use equipment you provide. (See picture on the right side of the page. MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!
Section 6 – Team Building Case Studies
Five case studies to help your team sharpen their problem-solving and analytical skills. I have used Heartbreak Hotel to train people to identify leadership problems and customer service breakdowns.
- Heartbreak Hotel
- Can You Help Mary?
- Dictator or Delegator?
- BOHICA Airline Company
- What Good Managers Must Do
Section 7 – Funny Stories Icebreakers
Funny stories to use in your training programs you can read to your group that will keep them in stitches. Great openers or closers for speeches or training programs.
- The Art of Raising Pigs
- New Restroom Policy
- Guidelines for Casual Dress Days